Having an in-depth knowledge of the processes involved enables our team to offer the most suitable advice to landlords or tenants and provide swift resolutions to any issues. We believe that the key to a successful tenancy is to build strong relationships with both landlords and tenants and, to this end, you will always find our staff knowledgeable, informative and helpful.
Our main property management team is based in our Limehouse office, with further members of staff located in our Docklands office, so you will always be able to contact a qualified, competent and local person to help you.
We use a wide range of carefully vetted and qualified independent contractors to carry out maintenance services, including plumbing, heating, cleaning, refurbishments and general handyman jobs. We also have access to recognised legal advisors, so that you can be sure that even the most technical of matters can be responded to with the utmost confidence and precision. We ensure that any contractors we recommend or instruct share our values of honesty and straight-taking and always doing a great job.
As a company, Franklyn James is proactive in ensuring that all our software is kept up to date, facilitating effective all-round management of your property, particularly the monitoring of important areas such as renewals, gas safety certificates and arrears management.
Service in detail
Franklyn James full management service takes over the day to day running of your property, providing peace of mind that the property is in safe hands. This service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Collecting rent and providing an accompanying rental statement
- Providing a main point of contact for the tenant
- Arranging maintenance as required, with the landlord’s agreement, by independent, qualified and competent contractors
- Arranging inventory and check-in at the start of the tenancy
- Arranging check-out at the end of the tenancy
- Communicating with all parties for any dilapidations to be remedied
- Providing an independent mid-term inspection and typed report
- Notifying utility companies of departing and new tenants in order to close and open accounts and ensure smooth transition
- Organising gas and electrical checks (where applicable) by suitably certified contractors
- Assisting with the initiation of litigation in the unlikely event that this is necessary
Franklyn James manage a large portfolio of residential properties throughout London, but we still ensure that our property managers are not overstretched, so they can provide a ‘hands on’ approach to each property and promptly deal with any issues as they present themselves. Each member of the property management team has a direct telephone number and we encourage landlords and tenants to make contact so that they know in advance who to speak to when the need arises. If a team member is on annual leave their telephone will be answered by another member of the team and all of the team have open access to the emails of the others, ensuring that prompt responses can be provided to all queries. Our full management package has proved highly successful, not only with overseas landlords, but also with landlords in the UK who either have a large property portfolio, or who find it is more cost effective to delegate property management responsibilities.